Regaining the Romanian citizenship
In accordance with the Romanian citizenship Law 21 / 1991 completed, modified and republished those individuals who lost their right to the Romanian citizenship before December 22nd, 1989 and also by their grade 1 and 2 descendents might request to regain the Romanian citizenship.
- application for regaining the Romanian citizenship (CERETE TIP PENTRU REDOBANDIREA CETAŢENIEI. Anexa 4 ).
- written statutory declaration for regaining Romanian citizenship (DECLARAŢIE OLOGRAFĂ PENTRU DOBÂNDIREA CETĂŢENIEI. Anexa 6). The applicant establishes the residence in Romania or abroad. The same option is also available for the minor children included in the application for the regaining of the Romanian citizenship.
- list of personal data ( LISTA DATE PERSONALE. Anexa 2cet)
- written consent for regaining the Romanian citizenship(CONSIMŢĂMÂNTUL PENTRU REDOBÂNDIREA CETĂŢENIEI. Anexa 10).
This document is necessary also for minors of 14 years or older.
- personal statement of the parents requirind also the Romanian citizenship for their minor children DECLARAŢIE REDOBÂNDIRE CETĂŢENIE PENTRU MINORI. Anexa 11cet
- Authenticated personal statement showing whether the individual had previously applied for regaining the Romanian citizenship or not.
(DECLARAŢIE PE PROPRIE RĂSPUNDERE CĂ NU A MAI DEPUS ALTĂ CERERE DE REDOBÂNDIRE.Anexa 9cet.)
- Authenticated personal statement (DECLARATIE CĂ NU A FOST IMPLICAT ÎN ACŢIUNI ÎMPOTRIVA STATULUI. Anexa 5cet) showing that the individual has never been involved and that he / she is not currently supporting any activities or actions that may be against the law or against the national security.
- Passport - original and certified copy,
- Certified copy of husband’s ID card (for those persons married to Romanian citizens),
- Police clearance certificate from Romania (valid for 6 months from the issue date)
- Police clearance certificate from abroad – valid for 1 year from the issue date, original document and a certified translation into Romanian language,
- Civil Status documents (Certificate of Birth, Certificate of Marriage, etc.) – original documents and certified copies for bearers and their ascendants (parents, grandparents) who once used to be Romanian citizens. If the Civil Status documents have been issued abroad Romania, a certified translation into Romanian language is also necessary. The translation might be made by the consular service or by a licensed interpreter, legalized by a local notary and over certified with the Apostil of Hague.
- Written proof (affidavit) showing the date when the Romanian citizenship was lost or withdrawn. At the applicant’s personal request, the concerned Romanian authorities like the Romanian Division of Person and Data Base Administration, Evidence of Population Division, City Hall, Archives, etc., are entitled to issue the necessary documents. For example: for the ascendants - the requested document must mention if the individual was still in Romania before 1940; a document showing when the individual had renounced to the Romanian citizenship; duplicates for birth/marriage Certificates, etc.
- Civil Status certificates, original and certified copies, for the applicant and the minor children included in the application.
All statutory declarations will be authenticated only by the consular service of the Embassy of Romania.
All the documents comprised in the file are edited only in Romanian language.
Consular fees – according to the existing regulations
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLY WITH ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS ANNEXED